Monday, January 18, 2010

Books books books books books

Well since I don't really keep up with blogging very well I thought I would try something different. I think I will start blogging about books. I read enough of them, may as well share my thoughts about them, even if they don't get read, it may be fun for me. I always wanted to join a book club and this will kinda be like a one woman book club, unless you happen to have read the book I am talking about.
Anyway I would like to start with how much I love books. Not just reading, but books themselves. Their smell, their weight, their feel. Weird? I love the act of picking out a book, taking my time (hopefully) looking through shelves and shelves of books, totally judging it based on the cover and author picture. Trying to figure out which one is worth my 15-20 bucks. A hard task, since soooo many are. The purchase and finally the take home. Curling up with a good book, or sneaking to the bathroom to get a few pages in, is my favorite me time thing. I love to eat and read too! Imagining the characters, location, weather, accents...it is all so wonderful.
So the book I am currently reading is not worthy of such blogging, so my next trip to Barnes N Nobles I will pick a winner and write about it!

2 comments:

  1. well good, both our girls love to read. I need to get back to it. I do wonder why both of you girls have smell issues makes me laugh, however I have always liked the smell of books also, so guess I have issues too. Just keep reading and make no excuses!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read The Hunger Games. Loved it and would be fun to discuss.

    ReplyDelete