Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Again

The weekend is over and Monday is here again. So far so good.
The weekend was a good one. Friday and Saturday were good family days and we had alot of fun. Although Saturday was a bit chilly we did go the Merry Go Round, had 3 rides and than went to Barnes N Nobles.
Sunday was a day I was both looking forward to and dreading at the same time. Excited because I was going to a good friends babyshower, dreading because I had to do some driving. Let me explain, I have not driven any distance since the accident in July. In that accident I was driving my in-laws car and wrecked it a bit, I was going to be driving their car to TN, understand my nerves? The plan was I was going to drive to TN and my father (shower was co-ed) was going to drive us to Murfreesboro.
Well I could not have asked for a better driving day. It was clear and bright and the traffic was light. I had the entertainment of Simon and Garfunkel and I un-nerved a bit. Although when I got to my folks my legs were shaking badly. But I made it!
We headed to the shower and it was fun. I have never seen someone get as much stuff as they did. That kid will be set until she is a year at least....We were there for about 2 hours and they opened gifts the entire time!! Good for them!!
Than came the trip back to AL. Well I had the whole day to get re-terrified. It was a bit busier and there were lots of big trucks and it was getting dark. Lets just say when I delivered the car back I was telling myself I was never going to drive again. But I will....although I hate driving now and I do not really enjoy being a passanger either. Hopefully I will get over this soon.
All in all the weekend was great and hopefully the week will follow suite!!

2 comments:

  1. Now you're blogin, keep it up
    Love
    Father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord help you, you're turning into mom with her driving phobia.

    ReplyDelete